SEARK College will remain closed Wednesday – Sunday
SEARK College will remain closed Wednesday – Sunday (February 17,18,19,20,21, 2021) due to inclement weather. All students and employees should remain off campus during this time. All instruction will continue to occur virtually. Students should check their email and log into Moodle for more information. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
There is a possibility that power outages could impact services. We anticipate critical service interruptions could take place at some point during this closure. Employees who remote in should prepare for this possibility. Please do not request Information Technology turn on computers if connection is lost.
Safety: Colder temperatures and winter storms create a higher risk of car accidents, hypothermia, frostbite, carbon monoxide poisoning, and heart attacks from overexertion. Below are some tips and information from www.ready.gov on how to prepare for cold weather, power outages, and winter storms.
What to do during a winter storm:
- Stay indoors during the storm, if possible.
- Walk carefully on snowy, icy sidewalks.
- Keep dry and change wet clothing frequently to prevent a loss of body heat.
- Watch for signs of frostbite and hypothermia; if signs are seen, seek help immediately.
- Drive only if it is necessary. If you must drive, keep others informed of your travel plans.