Entrance and Exit Counseling
Entrance Counseling Instructions
Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling Instructions
Federal Student Loan Borrowers
Federal regulations require all borrowers at SEARK College to complete loan entrance counseling each year. Therefore, you must complete federal loan entrance counseling regardless of whether or not you have had loans in the past at other institutions. To satisfy this requirement follow and complete the steps outlined below.
Steps for Federal Direct Entrance Counseling
- Go to https://studentloans.gov
- Sign-In using your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID)
- If you have forgotten your FSA ID, you will be directed to the U.S. Department
of Education site located at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Once Sign-In is complete, you will see, “Welcome to StudentLoans.gov” click on Complete Entrance Counseling.
What to Do:
- Read the content and answer the purple box questions (Check Your Knowledge) - You will need about 30 minutes to complete the counseling session
- Read the Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities.
- Once the Counseling is completed the school will be notified of your completed entrance counseling.
- Request a Student Loan Request form on your Financial Aid section in Student Planning (accessible through WebAdvisor) and complete the Entrance Counseling here. The school will be notified of the completed counseling.
- Be sure to read all documents carefully and keep copies of all documents in a secure file folder for future reference.
Exit Counseling Instructions
Federal regulations require ALL BORROWERS at Southeast Arkansas College to attend loan exit counseling session when they are either graduating, leaving school permanently, or do not intend to attend any school again for at least six (6) months or more.
You may satisfy this requirement on this Web site: https://studentloans.gov, click on Exit Counseling, and then on Exit Counseling on the next page.
- You will need to log in using your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). Once sign in is complete, you will see, “Welcome to StudentLoans.gov” click on Complete Counseling then click start Exit Counseling.
- Read through the information and complete the counseling. The Exit Counseling session may take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- When finished print the complete counseling verification page and turn it in to the Financial Aid office.
If you do not pass at least 12 of the 15 questions correctly, you can attempt the test three times. If you do not pass the quiz (a different set of questions each time), then you will visit the Financial Aid Office to complete an Exit Counseling Booklet.
An Exit Counseling Booklet is available for students without Internet access. You will need to complete, sign, and date the Borrower Information & Rights and Responsibilities Summary Checklist form included in the booklet.
You may also go directly to the Entrance and Exit Counseling web site. Sign into this web site using your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID).
This page may require adobe reader click here to download