Students at Southeast Arkansas College will be prepared with the general and technical education needed for successful careers or for transfer to other institutions to pursue baccalaureate degrees. The College strives to emphasize the integration of academic and technical education in the experiences provided to its students in order to make both general and technical education more relevant. Specifically, the College strives to instill in its students competence in:
* Oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Mathematical understanding and problem-solving skills.
* Understanding of individual differences in people and their interests.
* Critical thinking, independent learning, and lifelong learning skills.
* Effective group interaction.
* Team membership skills.
* Total quality management skills
* Work habits necessary for the real world of work.